Federica Weblearning, in cooperation with the International Political Science Association (IPSA), organizes the fourth edition of the IPSA Summer School (19—21 September 2022, Capri Island). Thanks to the grant provided to IAPSS by Federica Weblearning, the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS) is launching a Call for Applications for participation at the IPSA Summer School 2022 as IAPSS-designated participants.
This summer school is an excellent opportunity to receive an in-depth qualitative training in concept building, using the unique approach to concept-building known as ‘Hyperpolitics’. In addition, it unfolds in an innovative format, consisting of, first, the undertaking of a MOOC (massive online open course) on Political Concepts, and followed-by the in-person sessions in late September, focusing on the participants’ own research projects.
In cooperation with Federica Weblearning, IAPSS aims to help establish connections between the participants selected through this Call. Moreover, this special Call opens the opportunity for outstanding aspiring junior scholars and researchers who are not enrolled in a PhD program to apply to participate at the Summer School, which is otherwise centered at PhD candidates and postdoctoral researchers.
To this end, the applicants are required to provide:
- A curriculum vitae, focusing on the academic experience of the applicant;
- A max. 2-page motivation letter detailing the reasons of interest in this summer school as an IAPSS participant.
- An individual IAPSS membership is required from all successful applicants, as well as an honest declaration of the seriousness of their commitment to the summer school and of their enrollment to the IPSA MOOC via the edX platform.
- Participants are normally expected to agree with being featured in promotional material of IAPSS and/or Federica Weblearning.
- Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses as well as for covering the fee required for a certificate track enrolment to the MOOC on Understanding Political Concepts. Federica Weblearning and IAPSS may, depending on funds available, offer a MOOC fee waiver or a scholarship to particularly outstanding applicants. Furthermore, IAPSS is pleased to provide support letters to successful applicants for their applications for external grants to enable their participation at the summer school.
- The selection process will consist of a screening of application materials. Those coming close to being selected will be put on a reserve list. Those accepted will be expected to provide a binding confirmation of attendance by the deadline stipulated by IAPSS.
Please note that the evaluation of applications for the Federica Weblearning—IAPSS participants might not be completed before the general deadline for applications to the Summer School. Applicants who wish to secure their place are advised to apply through the general Call as well, and if they are accepted, register for the Summer School.
We look forward to your applications!