With over 200,000 Facebook followers alone, plus a verified Twitter account and notable presences on LinkedIn, YouTube, and other platforms, the Public Relations Department of the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS) commands one of the largest networks of any student government in the world. IAPSS PR coordinators serve on the forefront of student activism at the global level and provide strategic communications support to IAPSS continental and national associations. Develop skills in marketing, social media, graphic design, video production, network engagement, and other key communications competencies that will increase your employability to a tier reserved for the world’s most powerful student leaders.
While prior experience is an asset, above all else the IAPSS PR Department values a willingness to learn and a passion to improve the lives of political science students around the world. As authoritarianism, neoliberalism, and other global forces threaten student democracy in the 21st century, we need students more than ever to take an active role in fostering peace, international cooperation, and academic engagement. Are you up for the task?
What does the PR Department do?
- Ensures that IAPSS engages digitally with our followers and members
- Distributes calls for applications and interesting opportunities for students
- Sends monthly newsletters with updates about what IAPSS is working on and how students can get involved
- Drafts and implements communication strategies
- Designs graphics and booklets
- Designs and produces videos and other digital media content
- Conducts capacity-building trainings/workshops within IAPSS on social media usage and other relevant platforms
- Coordinates a united voice across IAPSS global, continental, and national platforms
What does a PR Department Coordinator do?
- Plans and carries out social media strategies to engage with our audience
- Promotes calls for application and interesting opportunities from IAPSS and our partners
- Designs visually appealing graphics, videos, and other digital content for our social media channels
- Answers comments and direct messages on social media, as well as monitors the comment section on our platforms
If you have a project that you want to develop or try out, let us know and we’ll work on implementing it! The distribution of tasks is very flexible, as it is adjusted to the skills and wishes of the volunteer.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers
- Exposure to global online campaigning
- Exposure to social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Reddit, etc.
- Exposure to the digital platform Slack
- Reimbursement for attending specific IAPSS events
- Access to an exclusive alumni network that can boost your career in communications, public relations, advocacy, international organizations, political science and related professional fields
- A volunteer certificate upon request
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide
Requirements and Assets
- Independent in your work ethics
- We are specifically looking for proactive people who understand the political aspect of digital communications
- Availability for around 3-5 hours per week (workload varies)
- Working experience in international organizations and familiarity with communications is an asset
- Experience in the field of social media analysis in an asset
- Experience with graphic design platforms is an asset
- Collaborative approach in internal and external communications
- Excellent skills in English
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we will be happy if you get in touch with us!
Still got questions? Contact the Vice President for Public Relations Paola Navarro Villa (email@example.com).
The application should include a CV and a letter of motivation (no longer than 2 pages). Apply directly on the website or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.
Note: This is a volunteer, unpaid position.
|Job Category||Design, Outreach, Social Media|