Become our new IAPSS Latin America Outreach Coordinator!
Deadline: 4 August 2019
You are….Curious about project management? Experienced in grant proposals? And have excellent oral and written English skills? Then you should apply to be the next IAPSS Latin America Fundraising Coordinator! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters and various projects that you can manage and develop independently!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to make an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Fundraising-training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to high-level multinational organisations and fund providers;
- Exposure to the legal obligations in fundraising such as drafting a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU);
- Access to an extensive alumni network that can fire up your career in political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide.
You would work together with your IAPSS Latin America team and the IAPSS Global Fundraising Coordinator. A high degree of autonomy is offered so can you easily prioritise the workload yourself. You will be the coordinator working independently on fundraising opportunities, thereby collaborating with colleagues in IAPSS Global and your regional team. Your core area of work will be to source new fundraising deals with various organisations in collaboration with the IAPSS Latin America Chair.
Your skills and experiences
- Independent in your work ethics: we are specifically looking for proactive people who anticipate problems and solve them before they occur;
- Availability for around 10 hours per week;
- Communicative skills within both formal discussions and informal conversations;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- You must be a member of IAPSS during the time you hold the position.
- You are a volunteer! This is no paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for forward-thinking people that are driven by making an impact and believe that everybody can do that!
If you have any questions, please drop a message to your future colleague and Vice President for Regional Affairs, Rose Smith via firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.
IAPSS is a community of political science students. However, we appreciate the diversity and reality of politics and political science. We welcome applications from all related disciplines including business, gender studies, law or environmental sciences. You are currently not enrolled because you are for example in a gap year between your Masters and your PhD? No problem: the enrollment in a university program is no disqualifier for the position.