The International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS) – the largest international organisation representing students of political science and related disciplines worldwide – offers unique opportunities for students and junior researchers to grow professionally and personally in a global network. IAPSS is hereby launching a Call for four Coordinators tasked with the organisation and implementation of the 2019 World Congress in Spain. All of the Coordinators are expected to work together with the Head of the World Congress in the World Congress Department.
IAPSS’ largest annual academic conference for students of political science and related disciplines will take place in Madrid between 20thand 25thof May 2019 and will feature the theme Overcoming Injustice. The event will be conducted in partnership with the Common Action Forum (CAF), an organization aiming to create links between governments and the Civil Society around the world as well as with the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM), one of the most prestigious universities in the Spanish speaking academic world. The Complutense University of Madrid will be hosting the World Congress at its Faculty of Political Science and Sociology.
The Sponsorship and Media Coordinator is in charge of the social media marketing of the World Congress and is working towards the increase of the financial capabilities of the event, by securing either sponsorships or services. He/she will work closely with the International Cooperation and Public Relations (ICPR) Department.
- drafting and implementing Congress’ social media communication strategies;
- helping to update and improve the World Congress pages on the IAPSS website
- designing and adapting the printed materials of the World Congress such as but not limited to the guidebook, certificates, and badges based on existing templates;
- creating and managing sponsorship and advertisement packages;
- mapping and securing potential sponsors – international, national and local.
Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign, or willingness to learn independently, is appreciated.
Furthermore, all position-holders have common responsibilities, such as:
- participating in weekly Skype meetings with the Head of Department.
- writing website, newsletters, and guidebook contents related to their fields;
- maintaining and/or improving the guidelines and hand over documents related to their positions;
- other department-related tasks assigned by the Head of theDepar
All positions require:
- a high degree of mutual responsibility, motivation, self-initiative and dedication, combined with reliability and flexibility with regards to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence;
- readiness to devote approximately 10 hours per week to the execution of the various tasks that come together with the positions;
- availability to be in Madrid between the 20th and the 25th of May 2019 in order to attend the World Congress.
- excellent command of the English language (spoken and written) and strong
communication skills; Good communication skills in Spanish are desirable although not required.
- current or recent enrollment in political science or related programme (of any educational level including undergraduate, graduate studies, or PhD position);
- experience in and willingness to work with a high degree of organisational and conceptual freedom, but punctual and committed to adhering to work-related frameworks.
It is beneficial if candidates have:
- experience with organising events and/or conferences;
- attended IAPSS events in the past.
The framework of the Positions
The positions are – like all other positions within IAPSS – voluntary and unpaid, and apply for the period from 3rd of December 2018to 31st of May 2019. Costs and expenses related to the execution of the position (e.g. for travel, accommodation, public transport) are covered by IAPSS (budget allowing).
Occupying one of the positions implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your instalment (3rd of December 2018). IAPSS membership embraces a wide range of benefits and services and comes at a student-friendly rate of either 10 or 15 EUR p.a. depending on your country of origin. Discounted rates are available for two-year memberships.
Please send your application no later than November the 25thth.
All applicants will be notified within 7 working days from November the 25th 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. The instalment will take place on the 3rd of December. Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries.
|Job Category||Event Management|