Are you passionate about law and politics? Do you think about a future career in nonprofit management? Would you like to take part in shaping a globally active student organisation? Then join us as Director for Legal Development Affairs in the International Association for Political Science Students. We are the largest political science students organisation worldwide bringing together students and researchers interested in politics all over the world on any continent.
The position of the Director for Legal Development Affairs will cover support regarding any legal task the association is facing under Dutch, EU and International law.
What is the position about?
- Coordinating our legal management and supporting the three legal representatives in their daily tasks regarding legal development.
- Supporting the IAPSS Secretariat regarding general terms and conditions, legal development, data protection law, general Dutch association law and International and European business law;
- Supporting the IAPSS President with drafting Memorandums of Understanding, contracts and other agreements;
- Supporting the Treasurer regarding Dutch taxation law and international and European business law and;
- Assisting and developing the legal development of IAPSS Regional Outreach Programs on different continents to enhance the global community of Political Science Students.
What you will learn?
This position is perfect for students and researchers who want to work in legal business or nonprofit management as it offers a vast exposure to problems and challenges of businesses and non-profit organisations:
- How to deal with Data Protection Law (especially GDPR);
- How to draft Memorandums of Understanding, contracts and other agreements with other organisations;
- How to draft legal documents and implement legal reforms;
- How to work in a globally operating NGO and;
- How to work in a multicultural environment.
What we expect from applicants
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Studying Non-Profit-Management or Law with a focus on civil or business law;
- Knowledge of data protection law preferential;
- An open-minded and multicultural personality;
- Interest in political science and;
- Interest in youth empowerment.
The position is – like all other positions within IAPSS – voluntary and unpaid. Costs and expenses related to the execution of the position (e.g. for travel, accommodation, public transport) are covered by IAPSS (budget allowing). Occupying this position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your instalment. IAPSS membership embraces a wide range of benefits and services and comes at a student-friendly rate of either 10 or 15 EUR p.a. depending on your country of origin. Discounted rates are available for two-year memberships.
|Job Category||Organisational Work|