Become our new Project and Events Coordinator in IAPSS Europe!
Deadline: 4 August 2019
Are you…an avid and organized planner? Interested in giving students a platform to share their ideas? And interested in working in an international team? Then the Project and Events Coordinator position for IAPSS Europe might be right for you! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bring together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to international conference management;
- Leadership opportunities working in international teams and networking with prominent partner organizations;
- Exposure to the widely-used digital platform Slack;
- Access to an exclusive alumni network that can boost your career in communications, public relations, advocacy, international organizations, political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide
During the current mandate, you would work under the Regional Chair in order to lay the foundations for all IAPSS events and conferences in your region. As we organize programs like regional conferences, study trips, seminars in addition to our annual World Congress, you would be checking in with and supporting coordination teams, overseeing quality control, and helping to develop the IAPSS brand through the programs it offers in cooperation with the IAPSS Vice President for Programs. You would be expected to be creative in curating various types of events to cater to the needs and interests of political science students today.
- Independent and proactive work ethic;
- Cultural competence, ability to work in cross-cultural contexts;
- Leadership and event planning experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and through challenges;
- Fluency in English. (Additional linguistic skills are a plus).
- Willingness to dedicate 10 hours per week to the role;
- Previous participation in an IAPSS program;
- If selected for the position, you must hold an IAPSS membership.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for forward-thinking people that are driven by making an impact and believe that everybody can do that!
If you have any questions, please drop a message to your future colleague and IAPSS Europe Chair, Giulia Zampedri via email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.
IAPSS is a community of political science students. However, we appreciate the diversity and reality of politics and political science. We welcome applications from all related disciplines including business, gender studies, law or environmental sciences. You are currently not enrolled because you are for example in a gap year between your Masters and your PhD? No problem: the enrollment in a university program is no disqualifier for the position.
|Job Category||Event Management|