IAPSS Virtual World Congress will take place between May 22-26. The program of the events, panels, and workshops will be published in April.
The conference will be held in Montréal, in the province of Québec, Canada.
In order to register for the event, an active and valid IAPSS membership is required. Make sure this step is complete, and then you will be able to purchase a ticket to the event through the IAPSS webstore. You have to create a website account before you can purchase your membership. If you are experiencing issues with this, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
In order to attend the IAPSS World Congress, you need to:
- Become an IAPSS Member. Prices range from 4 to 19 USD – check your eligibility here. Be sure to create a website account to be able to purchase membership.
- Get your Early Bird ticket for by March 19, 2023, here.
- The regular tickets are available after March 20, 2023.
The World Congress registration fee is based on the country of citizenship of participants. Citizens of Upper-Middle Income Economies and Low and Lower-Middle Income Economies now have access to reduced fees to attend the 2023 World Congress.
Yes, there will be opportunities to receive funding. We at IAPSS strongly believe that it is crucial to facilitate the participation of the most talented young researchers of all specializations at IAPSS’ largest annual event. Therefore, there will be an open call among successful abstract authors for the IAPSS Scholarship – a scholarship awarded to a maximum five students who demonstrate both academic excellence and pressing financial need, covering expenses up to 60 USD depending on the ticket price. Please note that scholarships are handed out upon the condition of successful accomplishment of the paper presentation – not in advance to the World Congress.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship grant is April 1, 2022. The form to apply can be found here.
Abstracts and submission guidelines
The online form for submitting full papers will be available after our team reviews abstracts.
The deadline for full paper submission is on April 11, 2022.
Yes, there is no restriction to paper submission. IAPSS will not claim any right to your paper or draft that you plan to present during the World Congress.
Yes, it is possible to present a paper with co-authors. However, we want to highlight that each author needs an individual ticket to the World Congress. This means that both you and the co-author of your paper will need to separately become IAPSS members and purchase a Congress ticket respectively.
We send out acceptances, conditional acceptances, and rejection emails, so if you haven’t received an email about your proposal after the date we say you should hear from us, please contact email@example.com.
Yes! Serving as a panel chair and/or discussant is an opportunity to enhance your academic experience, and these positions are crucial for the best reciprocal outcome of the conference, as you will be giving our panelists valuable feedback on their work. You will also gain experience on reviewing papers as well as being part of an academic panel. We will be sending you the online application form during the first week of March. You will be informed about our choice shortly afterwards.
As a panel chair you are expected to:
- Read the papers in your panel carefully and prepare thoughtful questions.
- Start and keep your panel on time.
- Take and manage questions from the audience directed to panelists.
- Keep audience questions on topic.
As a discussant you are expected to:
- Carefully read the papers that you are assigned and be prepared to discuss their contributions, strengths and weaknesses.
- Be prepared to discuss your reactions to the papers and why, answering such questions as what the author can improve.
- Be prepared to stimulate conversation among the audience by posing questions for discussion.
You can submit your full papers via this online form.
The deadline for full paper submission is on April 11.